- Success Story
The Region 5 Networked Improvement Community (NIC) applies principles of implementation science to problems of practice in education. If you'd like to learn more, the Region 5 NIC designed a series of self-guided online courses to assist educational leaders in learning about the NIC process and how it can inform education initiatives and continuous improvement efforts.
Region 5 NIC members also developed facilitator resources for education leaders to support continuous improvement. These resources may be adapted and used to address a variety of education-related problems that emerge within a single building or persist across a district, state, or region.
The NIC resources are grouped into three progressive categories.
The resources below are designed to support virtual meetings when not all members can be physically present; however, they can also be used in face-to-face and blended learning environments. For more information, please reach out to the Region 5 team at Region5CompCenter@westat.com.
Establish Teams & Identify the Problem
Step 1: Introduction to a Networked Improvement Community
Step 2: Initiating the Team
- NIC Improvement Hub Role Descriptions (DOCX, 307.84 KB)
- Initiating the Team - Agenda (DOCX, 285.94 KB)
- Initiating the Team - Facilitator Guide (DOCX, 294.81 KB)
- Initiating the Team - PowerPoint (PPTX, 2.83 MB)
- Improvement Hub Member Recruitment Letter - Template (DOCX, 22.24 KB)
- NIC Project Overview - Template (DOCX, 50.5 KB)
- Example: Region 5 NIC Project Overview (DOCX, 131.32 KB)
- Example: Region 5 NIC Onboarding PowerPoint (PPTX, 2.35 MB)