While our formal blog series on Strategic Budgeting ended last week, we wanted to bring your attention to two things.
First, the Region 5 Comprehensive Center has released a number of resources related to new requirements from the U.S. Department of Education, which I know a number of you have been seeking. You can find them all here, but I’ll outline them below too. They include:
- An introductory brief on cost-effectiveness analysis – this is a much more in-depth version of the discussion we blogged on a few weeks ago;
- An ESSER III Investment decision guide;
- A user and resource companion to the decision guide;
- A cost-effectiveness calculator (note that this link is to an Excel file that will attempt to download onto your computer);
- A cost-effectiveness calculator populated with sample data (this link is also to an Excel file);
- An introductory brief describing the American Rescue Plan Act’s ESSER III maintenance of equity (MOEquity) requirements and how to calculate MOEquity; and
- A tool for helping calculate MOEquity in your district (this link is also to an Excel file).
In addition to the Region 5 resources, the National Comprehensive Center has a number of resources on planning and recent legislation, which you can find here.
Second, we’re hosting our final Office Hours on Tuesday, November 30 at 1 pm Eastern Time/Noon Central Time. These sessions are designed so you can connect virtually with the authors of the blog on Strategic Budgeting, to ask questions, provide feedback, and discuss the topics explored in this series. You can click here to register and add the event to your calendar.
This blog post is in the public domain. While permission to reprint is not necessary, this publication should be cited. The blog post is prepared by the Region 5 Comprehensive Center under Award #S283B190030 for the Office of Program and Grantee Support Services (PGSS) within the Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE) of the U.S. Department of Education, and is administered by Westat. The content of the blog post does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the PGSS or OESE or the U.S. Department of Education, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
© 2021 Westat